For this week, here is our dinner plan:
- Monday: Simple Slow Cooker Yellow Dal with Broccoli Sabji (I just substitute broccoli and potatoes for the cauliflower/peas/carrots in this recipe)
- Tuesday: Mediterranean Style Paninis –> I’m adding baby spinach to these
- Wednesday: Leftover Dal & Sabji!
- Thursday: Pumpkin and White Bean Bisque –> I serve this with mini grilled cheeses made with sprouted wheat bread and pepperjack cheese (I cut the sandwiches into 4 triangles so they are perfect for dipping in the soup!)
- Friday: Eat out
- Saturday: Black Bean Chilaquiles
- Sunday: Leftovers!
Over the years I’ve gotten lots of questions from all of you about what I eat on a weekly basis, how I meal plan, etc. And so I thought the easiest thing to do would be to just share what we are actually eating on a weekly basis and how we balance things out!
Some of my general rules for weekly meal planning:
- Breakfasts for us are always some version of oatmeal – I just mix things up by changing toppings every so often. If you’re looking for a bit more variety, try one of these recipes here.
- Lunches are usually either leftovers, or one of these easy recipes here.
- For dinner: I alternate between super fast meals that are still healthy, and meals that might take a bit more time (no more than 45 min – 1 hour to make). I like variety but it’s hard to figure out variety 3 times a day every day, so I keep our breakfasts and lunches simple, and change things up each night for dinner! We also eat out once a week, and do leftovers once a week at least!
- Some Helpful Resources: Simple meal planning template, Weekly grocery list items.
For those of you who are new to meal planning, you can do it! Just follow this plan, make a shopping list, go shopping and make it happen! Happy cooking everyone!
TAGS: weekly meal plans