Photo credit: SnackGirl
Hi Everyone! This month’s giveaway comes from one of my favorite healthy food bloggers – Lisa Cain at SnackGirl! Lisa makes healthy food super easy and simple – through her family-friendly recipes and real-life solutions for losing weight and getting healthy.
She recently wrote an amazing cookbook – Snack Girl to the Rescue!: A Real-Life Guide to Losing Weight and Getting Healthy – and that’s what today’s giveaway is all about 🙂
- Will show you how small, easy tweaks can change your lifestyle to be healthier and happier
- Is packed with encouraging, smart, and sometimes hilarious advice on avoiding common weight-loss pitfalls, shopping healthier on a budget, and getting in shape
- Has 100 recipes for fun, quick, and affordable meals and snacks—all of which clock in under 400 calories and are Weight Watchers friendly. There are no gimmicks, no short-cuts, it’s simply a healthy balanced guide to how you are supposed to live.
- The recipes have been tested by home chefs and are delicious, easy, and simple!
The sneaky zucchini lasagna recipe is straight from her book, so you can imagine how delicious the other recipes are! As Lisa put it: “I am not a big fan of adding pureed vegetables to food, but sometimes it’s a way to sneak in some veggies without anyone catching on. This recipe hides slices of zucchini under sauce and cheese. When my kids first tried this recipe, no one noticed they were eating zucchini for half the meal. Then, my eight-year-old found a green edge and demanded to know what it was. I told her it was “green pasta” but she was too smart for that and removed the rest of the zucchini. If you have super picky eaters, try peeling the zucchini so they don’t notice the tell-tale green. My six-year-old son didn’t notice the zucchini and ate everything on his plate!”
One lucky reader will win a copy of Lisa’s book as part of this giveaway – which means 100 healthy recipes delivered right to your doorstep!
To Enter: You can enter in one of five ways (each option below counts as a separate entry):
- Sign up for my free, monthly newsletter (it has healthy recipes and tips – no annoying ads plus you’ll get a free healthy meal plan when you sign up!)
- Subscribe to The Picky Eater via RSS or via email
- Like The Picky Eater on Facebook
- Follow me on Twitter (@pickyeaterblog)
- Follow me on Pinterest
Then post a comment here for each option above that you chose.
This giveaway will be open until Sunday, October 12th at 11:59pm PST. I’ll be selecting the winner at random (via random.org) and will contact them via email. I’ll be announcing the winner in the comments of this post on Monday, October 13th.
And now, for Lisa’s Sneaky Zucchini Lasagna recipe: