This recipe is one of Layla’s absolute favorites. Initially, I think the texture of pear weirded her out (because it’s very different from avocado and sweet potato), but once she got used to it she couldn’t get enough. Pear mixed with oatmeal is a sure thing in our house. A little trick: I mix pear with green beans (or other green veggies she might not like) to help get her used to them, and she gobbles it up!
And pear is so good for your little ones! Loaded with fiber and Vitamin C – pear helps reduce constipation in babies and keeps their immune systems strong. I make pear in BULK and keep it in our freezer because we go through it so quickly. Luckily, with this recipe, you can easily make pear puree any time you need it!
Homemade Baby Food Recipes: Pear Puree
1 ice cube = 1oz of food!
- 5 organic pears
- 4-6oz water (for a thicker puree, use less water)
- Wash fruit. (Any type of pear will do - I use Bosc or Bartlett).
- Cut pears in half and remove seeds and stem. Cut each half into 6 pieces.
- Put pear and water into a large pot. Turn the burner on high and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blend in a blender, puree until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays, allow to cool, wrap/cover, and freeze.
- Thaw in the fridge the night before use, or thaw by putting the ice cube in a bowl over a bowl of hot water on the counter to defrost.
Spice up your baby's food! To pear puree, you can add a pinch of ginger powder, a pinch of cinnamon, or even a bit of mint.
Adapted from BabyLove
Recipe by: The Picky Eater, pickyeaterblog.com